Palace Theatre, Plymouth
With its elaborate Northern Renaissance style frontage in terracotta, the Plymouth Palace opened on 5 September 1898 as a music hall.
A serious fire occurred in December 1898, three months after the opening. The theatre was reopened in May 1899 and the auditorium reconstructed in a nautical style.
The Palace had a period of use as a bingo hall, then a dance academy. Its final incarnation as a nightclub came to an end in 2006 after a 5 month long police operation concerning the use of class A drugs on the premises.